« PoprzedniaDalej »
that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12. That they all might be damned who believe not the truth, but have pleasure in unrighteousness.
II. Timothy, iii. 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, truce-breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts;
7. Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Sec. 3. Where is the nation or people, saith the Lord, that is ready and prepared to come to the knowledge of the truth, when I shall reveal it unto them?
4. Where is the kingdom, nation or people, that will not do, in this last dispensation of my goodness to man, as their fathers before them have done?
5. Who is ready to receive Me in my own way, saith the Lord ?
6. And who are ye that are ever ready to carve out ways of your own, and cry out against my word, and my work, Blasphemy and delusion ?
7. Who among you will be ever learning, and never ready to come to the knowledge of the truth, when I, your God and Creator, make it known unto you?
8. Pause, and consider your doings. The Great I AM is a merciful God; but trifleth not with the objects of his creation, who spurn at his work, and turn a blind eye and a deaf ear unto his sacred word.
9. Look at the blindness of your fellow creatures, who have gone before you, for many hundreds of years past. Notwithstanding the
plainness of my word, in giving them warning; that they might always be enlightened, and enabled thereby, (if they would,) to keep from the devouring grasp of the adversary of all good, through the long and gloomy period which did elapse, between the first and second
appearance of Christ, or the Two Anointed Ones, in their proper order and place.
10. But few, indeed, have learned righteousness by the holy lessons of instruction that I have sent forth unto them, in past dispensations, saith the Lord; but they have labored to carve out a way of their own, by which they might save their own corrupt, fallen propensities of a depraved nature, and indulge the same, in open violation of every command laid down, or given in the sacred volume.
11. Had mankind gone no further, in the indulgence and gratification of their natures, than there is permission given for it in the sacred book, which they with their mouths so highly venerate, and pretend is their guide, by which to square their lives, this earth would have been a terrestrial paradise to what it now is; and my Almighty power would have bestowed blessings of peace without measure, in lieu of war and bloodshed, desolation and destruction;
12. And at the present day, she would have been prepared to do my will and pleasure, of her own choice, without being visited with my heavy and desolating judgments, which are now poured out without mixture for her, saith the Lord; that when she refuseth to learn righteousness in mercy, she may learn it in judgment at my hand.
Revelations, vi. 12. And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood:
13. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig-tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free-man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide
us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand ? Sec. 13 Thus saith the Lord, I have caused to be laid before you, some of the most plain, and instructive passages which were spoken by my blessed Son, and those who walked uprightly before Me, giving the people warning of the day that was then at hand; that all such as would, might avoid practicing the awful abominations that would be committed therein, under the pretended yoke of the pure religion of Christ.
14. And these passages, which are but few out of many, I have caused to be inserted in this Holy and Sacred Roll and Book of my word to the inhabitants of earth, which, in my mercy, I now again send forth unto them, in this, the last age of the world.
15. I shall not countermand, or disannul any law or commandment, which I have ever sent forth unto man; but I pronounce them all good; and I shall affix and apply them, to the age and day for which they were given ; and so shall I deal with man, according to his treatment of the same,
16. Those statutes and laws which I sent forth for the children of Israel, by my servant Moses, were good, and intended for a protection, not only to that chosen people, but that all the inhabitants of the earth might behold the statutes and laws, handed forth to a people, whom my Almighty hand had condescended to lead and notice above all others; and by this means, learn a solemn lesson of warning, to imitate the same.
17. And had all strictly kept these laws, they would have been blessed and protected by my Almighty hand, until they should have reached the end of that dispensation, which did end, when I sent my only begotten Son upon earth.
18. And never, through all the different ages, and periods of time, which have existed from the creation of the world to the present day, have I caused any nation or people to be destroyed, unless they had previously transgressed, and gone forth in open disobedience to that which I had commanded them.
19. Throughout the dispensation of the law of Moses, mercy and compassion did I show, and cause my people to show, to such of the surrounding nations, as truly blessed my people from their hearts,
and treated them with kindness and respect. Such, I suffered not to be destroyed.
20. But those who sought to do them mischief, and vex them, while on their journey through the wilderness to the promised land, I did cause to be utterly overthrown; save at such times as when my people had been disobedient, and refused to hearken to my word; then, I suffered those nations to scourge them with the sword, and slay them without
face. 21. In no age of the world, have I ever withheld from the children of men, my hand of mercy, blessing and protection, when they went forth with sincere hearts, in true obedience to my commands, given in the age and day in which they lived. By faithfully keeping them, they would always be ready to embrace, and readily unite with every increasing dispensation of my grace and goodness to the children of men.
22. But such as have searched the record of my holy word, saith the Lord, to find such texts and passages as would best apply and excuse them, in the wicked and sinful gratifications of their own natures, have only plucked brands from the fire, with which to burn their own souls, by kindling the flames of torment within: Whether ye be rich or poor, whether ye be priests or people, I have recorded it against you, on my eternal record; and ye shall meet it in an hour that ye are not prepared.
23. But those who have obeyed, in singleness of heart, without regarding their natural inclinations to the contrary, such parts of the sacred volume as require them to deny themselves of all ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and have conscientiously labored to do the same, (according] to their best understanding, though it may have been quite imperfect; yet shall they receive at my hand of mercy, for the sincerity of their hearts, in so doing.
24. The law and the Prophets were given, as a step stone, to lead souls on, to the true foundation; or, in other words, it answered as a school master, to bring them to Christ.
25. But such as believed not the Christ, my only begotten Son, can no longer be justified by the deeds of the law; for I sent him forth to fulfill the law, and make an end of the same, by establishing the law of grace, which would not only embrace the whole substance of the law, but would far exceed it in every point of goodness.
26. And all who were faithful and true, to keep the law, and the restrictions therein contained, were justified by the deeds done under the law; and were, by this means, prepared, when called upon by an increasing and superior light, sent forth by my Almighty hand, to enter, with thankful hearts, and rejoice in that God who called them, that they were counted worthy.
OF THE DISPENSATIONS OF GOD'S GRACE TO MANKIND; THE MANNER IN WHICH MAN HAS TREATED THEM, THE EFFECTS OF HIS DISOBEDIENCE, AND
REFUSAL OF THE OFFERS OF GRACE.
THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS REACHED THE DAYS OF THE MESSIAH ; THE DISPENSATION OF CHRIST'S FIRST APPEARING, REACHED UNTO THAT OF HIS SECOND, IN WHICH THE ORDER OF HIS KINGDOM
AND WORK ARE COMPLETED
1. Of the daily gathering of manna. 19. What Christ foresaw and foretold. 2. Or a lesson, and the requirement of 24. Many upon whom true light hath nevGod to man.
er shone. 3. By obedience, mankind could have 25. The sincere merit a blessing. been in advance to what they now 26. A question to all professed christians.
28. Disobedience, the cause of judgment. 4. Of man's declaration to God, by 29. Of the destruction of the human race. works.
30. Mankind never have kept the law of 5. God reasons with mankind,
nature. 9. Man's excuses alter nothing.
31. The earth ripe for destruction. 10. Christ's doctrines sufficient for the 32. Of the wickedness upon earth. people, and day, &c.
33. The faithful, scarce and few. 12. No other way to be saved.
34. Of prophecies concerning the latter 14. Of words and works, or hearers and day. doers.
35. Of the second appearing of Christ in 15. The followers of antichrist soon be
38. Man ever inclined to defer the work of 17. Of the second coming of Christ.
God to a future period.
1. When I caused manna to come down from Heaven, for food to the children of Israel, did I not require each to gather, day by