Color Correction Handbook: Professional Techniques for Video and Cinema
Pearson Education, 2014 - 644
The colorist is responsible for the critical final stage of refinement of the film and broadcast image. Using all of the controls modern color correction software provides, colorists refine the mood, create style, add polish to scenes, and breathe life into the visuals. The craft of color correction can take considerable trial and error to learn, while the art of color grading takes years to perfect. Alexis Van Hurkman draws on his wealth of industry experience to provide a thoroughly updated edition of what has become the standard guide to color correction. Using a friendly, clear teaching style and a slew of real-world examples and anecdotes, Alexis demonstrates how to achieve professional results for any project, using any number of dedicated grading applications, or even an editing program's built-in color correction tools.
From the most basic methods for evaluating and correcting an overall image to the most advanced targeted corrections and creative stylizations, Color Correction Handbook, Second Edition, is your one-stop guide. Among many valuable concepts and techniques, you'll learn to:
* Set up a professional color correction environment using the latest technologies and adhere to the most up-to-date standards
* Work with log-encoded media and LUTs
* Analyze shots quickly and correct errors of color and exposure
* Create idealized adjustments for key features such as skin tone, skies, and product shots
* Develop strategies for balancing clips in a scene to match one another for continuity, and grading greenscreen clips destined for visual effects
* Master a variety of stylistic techniques used to set a scene's mood
* Apply principles of color and contrast to add depth and visual interest
* Browse valuable research about memory colors, audience preferences, and critical corrections for achieving appealing skin tones and controlled environments
* Follow along with the downloadable files that accompany this book, including HD footage, cross-platform exercises, and project files.
Co mówią ludzie - Napisz recenzję
Nie znaleziono żadnych recenzji w standardowych lokalizacjach.
1 COLOR CORRECTION WORKFLOWS
2 SETTING UP A COLOR CORRECTION ENVIRONMENT
3 PRIMARY CONTRAST ADJUSTMENTS
4 PRIMARY COLOR ADJUSTMENTS
5 HSL QUALIFICATION AND HUE CURVES
7 ANIMATING GRADES
Inne wydania - Wyświetl wszystko
boost broadcast calibration camera chroma chroma subsampling client clip color balance control color cast color channels color contrast color correction applications color grading color management color temperature colorist complexion contrast adjustments contrast controls contrast ratio control points control surface corresponding create darken DaVinci Resolve desaturated detail digital cinema display effect example film FilmLight FilmLight Baselight filters Final Cut Pro formats Gamma grading applications green HDMI highlights and shadows HSL Qualification hue curves image data image tonality interface isolate keyframes levels light log-encoded look lower luma match matte midtones neutral node output overall parameters percent percent/IRE pixels printer points projector qualifier range reference result rotoscoping saturation scene secondary correction shape shot shown in Figure skin tone specific technique there’s tion track values vectorscope video scopes video signal Waveform Monitor window woman’s workflow Y'CBCR you’ll you’re