« PoprzedniaDalej »
Eternal are thy mercies, Lord;
479. FAR above yon glorious ceiling
Of the azure vaulted sky, Jesus sits, his love revealing
To the splendid troops on high. Hosts seraphic, humbly bowing,
At his footstool prostrate fall, Saints and angels all avowing
God in Christ our all in all. Could we leave our foolish dreaming
Of a fancy'd heaven below, And see Jesu's glory beaming,
How our souls would long to go.
480. Fathér, before we hence depart,
Send thy good Spirit down: Let him reside in ev'ry heart,
And bless the seed that's sown.
Who gav'st thy Son to die;
С с 6
481. FATHER, whate'er of earthly bliss
Thy sov'reign will denies, Accepted at thy throne of grace
Let this petition rise: « Give me a calm, a thankful heart,
• From ev'ry murmur free: • The blessings of thy grace impart,
• And make me live to thee, Let the sweet hope that thou art mine,
• My life and death attend; • Thy presence through my journey shine,
• And crown my journey's end.”
492. FIRM as the earth thy gospel stands,
My Lord, my họpe, my trust; If I am found in Jesu's hands,
My soul can ne'er be lost.
The meanest of his sheep;
His hands securely keep.
His chosen from his breast;
They shall for ever rest.
481. GLORY be to God on high, Hallelujah. God, whose glory fills the sky; Peace on earth to man forgiv’n, Man, the well-belov'd of heav'n. Sov'reign Father, heav'nly King, Hallelujah. Thee we now presume to sing ; Glad thine attributes confess, Glorious all, and numberless. Hail, by all thy works ador'd, Hallelujah. Hail, the everlasting Lord ! Thee, with thankful hearts we prove, Lord of pow'r, and God of love!
485. GRACE, how exceeding sweet to those
Who feel they sinners are ! Sunk and distrest, they taste, and know
Their heaven is only there.
Directly come who will,
Poor helpless sinners still. 'Tis grace each day that feeds our souls,
Grace keeps us inly poor;
May rule for evermore!
486. GLORY, honour, praise, and power,
Be unto the Lamb for ever, Jesus Christ is our Redeemer, Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!.
Praise the Lord,
Waiting to feel thy touch;
And, Saviour, we are such.
We faintly trust thy word;
But wilt thou pity us the less ?
Be that far from thee, Lord!
And build on him alone :
But Christ the corner-stone.
And sanctity complete:
And all his justice meet.
499. How glorious the Lamb is seen on the throne! His labours are o'er, his conquests are won; A kingdom is giv'n into the Lamb's haud, In earth and in heaven for ever to stand. Ye sinners below, then trust in the Lord; Look up to his arm, his honour, his word, Athirst for his favour, his godhead adore; Look up to your Saviour, and joy evermore! !
490. How safe and how happy are they
Whọ on the good Shepherd rely!