« PoprzedniaDalej »
His righteousness exalts their hope;
Nor Satan dares condemn,
Strength and salvation gives :
Thy God for ever lives.
COME, dearest Lord, descend and dwell
468. CONFIRM the hope thy word allows,
Behold us waiting to be fed, Bless the provision of thy house,
And satisfy thy poor with bread. Drawn by thy invitation, Lord,
Athirst and hungry we are come;
Now from the fulness of thy word,
Feast us, and send us thankful home.
469. Christ's own soft hand shall wipe the tear
From each believing eye:
And death itself, shall die,
Shall this bright hour delay?
Bless the sower and the seed;
Raise the weak, the hungry feed :
Which thy word's design'd to give:
Joyfully the truth receive :
This is the welcome gospel-day,
W'berein free grace abounds.
To drink the cup of wrath:
That come to him by faith.
CONTENT and glad I'll ever be,
Ev'n as a sipner poor:
Both now and evermore.
473. Come worship at Immanuel's feet, See in his face what wonders meet; Words are too feeble to express His worth, his glory, or his grace. When shall we climb those higher skies Where storms and tempests never rise; Where he unveils his lovely face, And shines and reigns the God of grace? Nor earth, nor air, nor sun, nor stars, Nor heaven, his full resemblance bears; His beauties we can never trace, 'Till we behold him face to face.
474. Come, Holy Ghost, our hearts inspire,
Let us thine influence prove; Source of the old prophetic fire,
Fountain of life and love : Come, Holy Ghost, for mov'd by thee
Thy prophets wrote and spoke;
Unseal the sacred book.
To make the Saviour room;
Let faith by hearing come.
475. Dismiss us with thy blessing, Lord, Help us to feed upon thy word; All that has been amiss, forgive, And let thy truth within us live. Tho' we are guilty, thou art good; Wash all our works in Jesu's blood; Give ev'ry fetter'd soul release, And bid us all depart in peace.
DEAREST Saviour, help thy servant