« PoprzedniaDalej »
Deftroys the Family of Abab, and all the Worfhippers of Baal, but departs not from the Idolatry of the golden Calves; for which in his Time many Provinces are con
fends the Model of it to Urijah the Prieft, who fets it up in the Temple: Sacrifices his own Children. For these Impieties he is deliver'd into the Power of the King of Affyria, who carries Cap-quered by the Syrians. tive a vaft Number of 11. Jeboahaz reigns People. His Kingdom wickedly 17 Years. is invaded by Pekah, who in one Battle kill'd 120,000, and captivated 200,000. Enters into an Alliance with the King of Affyria, by which he became greatly diftreffed.
12. Hezekiah 29 Years. Endeavours to reform both Church and State. Sennacherib befieges Jerufalem, and fends a blafphemous Letter.
Upon Hezekiah's Prayer he is affured by Ifaiah that the City fhould be deliver'd: Which was not accomplish'd by any human Means; for upon Hezekiah's Prayer, an Angel deftroys 185,000 of the Affyrian Army.
Hezekiah falling fick of a Peftilential Difeafe, is affur'd
12. Jeboafh 16 Years. Retakes the Cities conquered by the Syrians, as was promifed by Elifba before his Death.
13.Jeroboam the Second 41 Years.
14. Zachariah is the fourth and laft of Jehu's Race. He reigned over Ifrael 6 Months, is murder'd by Shallum.
affur'd of his Recovery, and that his Life fhould be prolonged 15 Years; of which he had the Sign of the Sun's going back 10 Degrees. The King of Babylon fends Embal fadors to congratulate him upon his Recovery and
this Miracle; to whom he
fhews all his Treafures: Whereupon Isaiah foretels that thefe Treasures and all his Family thould be carried Captive to Babylon.
19. Hofbea 9 Years.
Shalmanezer takes Samaria after a long Siege, and conquers the whole Countrey, and carries away the Ifraelites Captive, and thereby an End was put to the Kingdom of Ifrael, which had continued 254 Years after the Separation from the Kingdom of Judah.
Under which Captivity and Difperfion the Ten Tribes have remained above 2400 Years.
13. Manaffeh 55 Years. By his Wickedness the People of Judah fall into worfe Impieties than those of the Heathens whom the Lord had deftroyed; to this he adds the fhed ding of innocent Blood in great Abundance. The Divine Vengeance falls upon him: Being taken Captive, is carried in Fetters to Babylon; where having humbled himfelf, and praying to the Lord, he is reftored to his Kingdom. 14. Amon 2 Years. Reigns very wickedly, and is murdered by his Ser-men, all of the Royal line
Note, From the Revolt of the Ten Tribes, and fetting up the Kingdom of Ifrael, there are 19 Kings in Succeffion, but of 10 different Families; moft of thefe Kings were murdered by the Officers of the Army, or their Servants.
In the Kingdom of Judab there are 19 Kings from the Death of Solo
15. Jofiah 31 Years. He endeavours to reform both Priefts and People, repairs the Temple, deftroys Idolatry, is flain in a Battle by the Egyptians. In his Time lived Jeremiah and Zephaniah.
16. Shallum or Jeboabaz 3 Months. Is carried into Egypt, where he dies.
17. Eliakim or Jehoiakim 11 Years. He was carried Captive to Babylon, from which the feventy Years of the Captivity are reckoned.
18. Jehoiachin called alfo Koniah and Jeconias, 3 Months.
19. Zedekiah 11 Years. The Kingdom is given him by Nebuchadnezzar, from whom he revolts in Violation of his Oath.
After a long Siege Jerufalem is taken by the Chaldeans. Zedekiah's Eyes being put out, is carried in Chains to Babylon.
This Captivity happened 468 Years after the Beginning of David's Reign, 388 Years after the Revolt of the Ten Tribes, and 134 Years after the Captivity of the Ten Tribes.
After feventy Years, the Jews are reftored by Cyrus, and are under the Government of
The Temple is rebuilt, about 588 Years before the Coming of Jefus Christ the Meffiah.
At the Time of our Saviour's Nativity, the Sceptre was departed from Judah, Herod an Edomite being their King, as was foretold.
The Romans take Jerufalem, the Temple is burnt. The whole Nation of the Jews have now continued about 1600 Years, difperfed over all the World, without King, Prieft, Sacrifice, or Image, as was foretold by Mofes and the Prophets.
1 Chron. xxix. A Lord God of Ifrael our Father,
ND David faid, Bleffed be thou,
for ever and ever.
11. Thine, O Lord, is the Greatnefs, and the Power, and the Glory, and the Victory, and the Majefty: for all that is in the Heaven, and in the Earth is thine; thine is the Kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as Head above all.
12. Both Riches and Honour come of thee, and thou reigneft over all; and in thine Hand is Power and Might, and in thine Hand it is to make great, and to give Strength unto all.
15. For we are Strangers before thee, and Sojourners, as were all our Fathers, our Days on the Earth are as a Shadow, and there is none abiding.
Revel. xv. 3. And they fing the Song of Mofes, faying, Great and Marvellous are thy Works, Lord God Almighty; juft and true are thy Ways, thou King of
4. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy Name? For thou only art holy: for all Nations fhall come and worship before thee, for thy Judgments are made manifeft.
Rom. ii. 33. O the Depth of the Riches, both of the Wisdom and Knowledge of God, how unfearchable are bis Judgments, and his Ways paft finding out.
36. For of him, and through him, and to him are all Things, to whom be Glory for ever. Amen.
AGE 2. v. 4. for dat, r. that.
p. 4, Job, v. 6. dele hath. ibid. Jers v. 35. for Waters, r. Waves. p. 5. v. 26. dele own. p. 8. v. 20. dele the. ibid. v. 22. for to, r. unto. p. 16. Pet. v. 21. for Refurrections, r. Refurrection. p. 17. v. 6. for were, r. was. p. 26. v. 6. for into, r. unto. ibid. for into, r. unto. p. 26. A&s, v. 5. r. to him. p. 29. v. 7. dele the Land of. p. 36. v. 16. for there, r. the. p. 37. v. 24. dele fhall. ibid. v. 27. r. I have. p. 39. Rom. 27. r. the Woman. p. 40. Pet. v. 14. for might, r. may. p. 49. v. 13. r. go fetch. p. 50. v. 30. r. yet scarce. p. 51. 43. r. to Haran. p. 53. v. 18. r. that he. p. 60. v. 9. for no one, r. none. p. 61. v. 20. dele in. p. 62. Chap. 40. Contents; for came r. come. p. 64. v.2. for the, 7. a. ibid. v. 3. add kine before came. ibid. v. 6. for fpringing, r. fprung. p. 65. v. 14, add in, before unto. p. 69. v. 11. for of, r. in. p. 71. r. Ve 1. for v. 7. P. 77. Chap. 47. Contents, for to, 7. before. ibid. for Egyptian, 7. Egyptians. ibid. v. 6. for of, r. over. p. 78. v. 12. add all, before his. p. 79. v. 16. for Father, . Fathers. p. 81. v. 13. for a. r. an. ibid. v. 19. r. the laft. p. 82. v. 28. for unte, r. unto. p. 115. v. 4. for the, r. his. p. 122. John 6. v. 30. r. doft, before thou. p. 125. John 7. 39. dele Chrift. ibid. v. 9. for Ends, r. Men. p. 131. Ephef. 6. v. 3. for in, r. on. p. 134. Luke 12. v. 19. for Good, r. Goods. p. 141. v. 9. for they, r. ye. p. 143. Heb. 8. v. 5. for build, 7. make. p. 147. Acts, v. 38. for that, r. which. p. 149. v. 20. for which, r. that. ibid. for ftrewed, r. ftrawed. p. 153. v. 1. for breakeft, r. brakeft. p. 156. Cor. v. 17. dele the. p. 163. v. 22. for Hands, r. Hand. p. 165. Heb. 10. v. 12. for at, r. on. p. 183. v. 16. for always, alway. p. 191. v. 32. r. a great. p. 193. Pet. v. 7. dele that. ibid. Rev. v. 21. for on, 7. in. ibid. Ephef. v. 12. dele and. p. 196. Heb. v. 28. for Mofes's, r. Mofes. p. 199. v. 29. for those, r. these. p. 215. v. 14. dele have. p. 239. v. 20. for your, r. our. p. 240. Rom. v. 3. for doeft, r. dost. ibid. v. 9. for doeth, r. doth. p. 248. v. 23. for unto, r. to. p. 258. v. 12. for Works, r. Work. p. 289. v. 1. for Mofes's, r. Mofes. p. 309. v. 19. for others, r. other. p. 311. v. 3. r. hath fought. p. 314. v. 18. for drove, r. drave. p. 363. v. 1. dele I. p. 489. Heb. v. 14. dele the. p. 490. Pj. v. 8. for bring, r. wring. p. 491. Dan. v. 17. for Kingdom, 7. Kingdoms. p. 497. PJ. v. 12. r. he is terrible. p. 519. v. 27. for unto, r. to. p. 523. v. 7. for Lives, r. Life. p. 540. add, Hofea against Chap. 4. v. 1. P. 544. v. 18. dele p. 548. Chap. 16. v. 3. for Ways r. Way. p. 553. Hofea 4. v. 9. them to be added in. p. 555. Hojea, v. 4. for know, r. knew. p. 557. v. 29. for into, r. to. p. 560. v. 16. for unto, r. into. p. 565. v. 3. for Offering, r. Offerings. p. 570. v. 21. dele of. p. 571. v. 25. dele brought. ibid. v. 29. dele ye. ibid. v. 31. for Judah r. Jerufalem. P. 577. v. 11. for unto, r. to. ibid. If. v. 7. for and, r. for. p. 584. Jer. v. 4. for unto r. to. p. 585. v.23. for Grave, r. Graves. p. 588. v. 4. for a, r. the. ibid. v. 5. for was, r. were. p. 595. v. 6. for Zebediah, r. Zedekiah. p.597. v.8. for stand, r. and. p. 598. v. 13. for that, r. which. p. 600. v. 15. for felves, r. Faces. p. 602. v. 12. for away, r. aray. ibid. v. 1. for dwelt, r. dwell twice. p. 612. v. 34. for break, r. brake. ibid. v. 3. r. all the. p. 618. v. 18. fer delare, r. declare. ibid. v. 22. for thou, r. that. p. 624. v. 5. r. find it. p. 625. v. 18. dele in. p. 628, v. 5. for Spirits, r. Spirit. p. 629. v. 68. for this, r. his. p. 631. v, 1. for Treafurers, r. Treatures. p. 635. v. 25. before all, dele and. ibid. v. 21. r. our Subftance. p. 639. v. 13. r. a time. p. 649. v. 10. dele at. p. 652. v. 29. r. and do. p. 655. v. 13. for to, r. unto. p. 656. v.23. dele And. p. 660. v. 1. for Hagagite r. Agagite. p. 663. Note, for Chriftian, r. Antichriftian. p. 678. for Talmunna, r. Zalmunna.