« PoprzedniaDalej »
Psalm VII.-See Plate VII. 1. O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save 0 L G
th dI pt m
trst me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: m frm 1 thm th
dlvr 2. Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in Lst h tr
Ik In rnding pieces, while there is none to deliver. р wl thr
to dlur 3. O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be
0 L G f I h d ths f thr b iniquity in my hands;
inqity n m 4. If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace f I h rwrdd evlt im th
ws at P with me: (yea, I have delivered him that without cause
dlvrd im th wt kse
ya I h
is mine enemy :)
5. Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, Lt th prst sl
tk t let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine It im trd
rth la honour in the dust. Selah.
n th dst Sla 6. Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself Ars 0 L
ngr because of the rage of mine enemies : and awake for me bks f th rge f.mn
awk frm to the judgment that thou hast commanded. to th jgment
th thou ast kmndd 7. So shall the congregation of the people compass
So sh th kngrgtion f th pp? kmps thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high. th abt fr thr sks thrfr rtrn tho hi 8. The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O Th L sh js th ppl
0 LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to L akrding to m
akrding to mine integrity that is in me.
ntgpity th s nm
9. Oly, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an 0 it th wkdness f th wkd
km ton end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth nd bt stblsh th jst fr th
G trth the hearts and reins. th arts 10. My defence is of God, which saveth the upright s f G
soth the rt in heart. n art 11. God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with th rteous
G s ngry the wicked every day. th wkd 12. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath f h trn nt h wl
srd h ath bent his bow and made it ready. bnt bo md t rdy 13. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of H ath lso prprd fr im th nstrments
f death ; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors. dth h ordnth
prsqtrs 14. Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath Bld h trolth
ath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. knsvd mschf bri frth
fisd 15. He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into H md a pt
s in t the ditch which he made. th dch
h md 16. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and mschf rtrn
hd his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate. vlnt dling sh km
pt 17. I will praise the LORD according to his I w wi prs
th L akrding to righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the rteousness n wl ging
nm f th LORD most high.
L mst hi
A Prayer of David.-See plate 8. 1. Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me; for I am poor and needy.
2. Preserve my soul, for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
3. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
4. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. 6. Give
O Lord, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8. Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9. All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
10. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
11. Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for
13. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.