« PoprzedniaDalej »
that any Man should carry any Vessel through the Temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My House shall be called of all Nations the House of PRAYER ? But, ye have made it a Den of THIEVES. And the Scribes and Chief Priests heard it, and fought how they might destroy him: for they FEARED him, because all the People were ASTONISHED at his DOCTRINE. [7.] Jesus cried, and said, He that believeth on me, be-1 lieveth not on me, but on him that sent me. I * am come a Light into the World, that whosoever believeth on me, should not abide in Darkness. And if any Man
, hear my Words, † and believe not, I Judge him not ; for I came not to JUDGE the World, but to save the World. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my Words, hath one that judgeth him. The (6) WORD
(b) Heb. i. 1. Gon, who at sundry that I have spoken, the same in time paft unto the Fathers by the
Times, and in divers Manners, spake
appointed Heir of ALL THINGS, by ther which sent me, he gave whom also he made the WORLDS. me a Commandment what 3. Who being the BRIGHTNESS I should say, and what I Image of his' Person, and up
of his GLORY, and the express should speak. And I know HOLDING ALL Things by the that his COMMANDMENT is WORD of his Power, when he Life Everlasting: Whatfo had by himself purged' onr Sins,
SAT DOWN on the RIGHT HAND ever I speak therefore, even of the Majesty on high. as the Father said unto me, Chap. iv. 1. Let us therefore so I speak.
fear, least a PROMISE being left us of entring into his Rest, any of
you should secm to come short of it. Mark xii. 41. Luke xxi. 1. 2. For unto uis was the GOSPEL
preached as well as unto them: but [Mr.] And Jesus sat over the Word preached did not profit againft the Treasury, and be- them, not being mixed with FAITH held how the People cast Mo- in them that heard it.
il. Let us LABOUR therefore to ney into the Treasury, and enter into that Rest, left any Man many that were rich, cast in Fall after the same Example of much. And there came a
UNBELIEF. certain poor Widow, and she QUICK, and POWERFUL, and sharp
12. For the Word of God is
, threw in two Mites, which 'er than any two-edged Sword, pierc. make a Farthing. [L.] And ing even to the dividing alunder of he looked up, and saw the and Marrow, and is a Discerner of
Soul and Spirit, and of the joints rich Men casting their Gifts the THOUGHTS and INTENTS of into the Treasury. And he 13. Neither is there any Crea saw also a certain poor Wi- sure that is not MANIFEST in his dow casting in thither two and opened unto the Eyes of him, Mites. [Mr.] And he cal- with whom we have to do. led unto him his Disciples, and faith unto them, Verily, (L.) of a Truth [Mr.] I say unto you, that this poor Widow hath cast more in, than all they that have cast into the Treasury. [L.) For all there have of their ABUNDANCE cast in unto the Offerings of God, but she of her PENURY hath cast in all [Mr.] that she had, even all her Living (L.) that she had.
into the Heart.
* Sce the References pag: .139:
Matt, xxi. 20. Mark xi. 19. [Mr.] And when Even was come, 'he went out of the City. And in the Morning, as they passed by, they saw the Fig Tree dried up from the Roots. [M.] And when the Disciples faw it, they marvelled, saying,
How soon is the Fig Tree withered away! [Mr.] And Peter calling to remembrance, faith unto him, Master, behold the Fig Tree which thou cursedít is withered away. And Jesus answering, faith unto them, Have Faith' in God. For verily I say unto you, [M] If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye Thall not only do this which is done to the Fig Tree, but also if ye shall say unto this Mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou caft into the Sea ; it shall be done. [Mr.] And whosoever shall say unto this Mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cait into the Sea, and shall not doubt in his Heart, but Shall BELIEVE that those Things which he faith Shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he faith. Therefore I fay unto you, What Things focver ye DESIRE when ye PRAY, BELIEVE that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. [M] And all Things whatsoever ye shall Ask in PRAYER, BELIEVING, ye shall receive. [Mr.) And when ye stand, PRAYING, FORGIVE, if ye have ought against any : that your Father also which is in Heaven may rORGIVE you your Trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in Heaven, forgive your Trespasses.
* Sec pag. Ixiii. Of PRAYER in general, in the Harmony of the PSALMS
1. The Disciples sewing our Saviour the magnificent Buildings of the Temple
, he foretels its Destruction, so as that not one Stone should be left upon another; the Siege of Jerusalem by the Romans; and the Dispersion of the Jews over all the World.
[ 11.) A
Matt. xxiv. 1. Mark xiii. 1. Luke xxi. s.
Temple. [Mr.] And as he went out of the Temple, one of his Disciples faith unto him, Master, see what manner of Stones, and what Buildings are here. And Jefus answering, said unto him, Seeft thou these great BUILDINGS ? there shall not be left one Stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. [M.] And his Difciples came to him, for to shew him the Buildings of the Temple. (L.) And as some spake of the Temple, how it was ADORNED with goodly Stones and Gifts, M.] Jefus faid unto them, See ye not all these Things ? Verily I say unto you, [...] As for these Things which ye behold, the Days will come, in the which there shall not be left one STONE upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
(L.) And (a) when ye Shall see Jerusalem compas- will not for all this hearken unto
() . fed with ARMIES, then know
me, but walk contrary unto me : that the DESOLATION there- 28. Then I will walk contrary of is nigh. [Mr.] When ye unto you also in FURY; and 1, therefore shall see the ABó. even I, will chastise you seven times
for your Sins. MINATION of DESOLATION 31. And I will make your CITIES spoken of by Daniel the Pro- waite, and bring your SANCTUAphet, [Mr.] standing where it Ries unto DESOLATION.
32. And I will bring the LAND ought not, [M.] in the holy into DESOLATION: and your EnePlace
Place (whoso readeth, let him mies which dwell cherein, Nall be understand) Then let them altonished at it.
33. And I will scatter you among which be in Judea, flee into the Heathen, and will draw out a the Mountains; [L.) and let Sword after you: and your Land
shall be DESOLATE, and your Cithem which are in the midst
ties WASTE of it, depart out; and let not
Deut. iv, 25. If ye shall do EVIL them that are in the Coun- in the Sight of the Lord thy God, tries enter thereinto. [Mr.]
to provoke him to Anger:
27. The Lord shall SCATTER you And let him that is on the among the Nations, and ye inall House-top not go down into be lett few in Number among the the Houfe, neither enter there- Heathen, whither the Lord shall lead
you. in, to take any thing out of
Chap. xxviii. 64. And the Lord his House. And let him that shall scatter thee among ALL is in the Field not turn back PEOPLE, from the one End of the
Earth, even unto the other. again for to take
Psal. Ixxxix. 30. If his Children ment, or [M.] to take up his foríake my Law, and walk not in Clothes. [L] For these be my JUDGMENTS; the Days of VengeANCE, and keep not my Commandments
31. If they break my STATUTES, that all things which are writ- 32. Then will I visit their Transten may be fulfilled. [M.] gression with the Rod, and their And wo unto them that are
INIQ!ITY with Stripes.
38. Thou hast cast off and abwith Child, and to them that horred, thou haft been wroth with give fuck in those Days. But thine Anointed. pray ye that your Flight Covenant of thy Servant: thou halt
39. Thou hast made void the be not in the Winter, neither profaned his Crown, by caiting it of the Sabbath-day. For to the Ground. then shall be great TR IBU
40. Thou hast broken down all LATION, and (L.) great Dif- Strong-hoids to RUIN.
his Hedges, thou hast brought his tress in the Land, and Wrath 44. Thou hast made his GLORY upon this People. [Mr.) For to cease, and cait his Throne down
to the Ground. in those Days Thall be Ar
Ifai. i. 2. Hear, O Heavens, and FLICTION, such as was not give Ear, o Earth : for the Lord from the Beginning of the hath spoken, I have nourished and Creation which God created, brought up Children, and they have
rebelled against me. unto this Time, neither [M.] 7. Your Country is DESOLATE, ever shall be. (L.) And they your Cities are burnt with FIRE: fall fall by the Edge of your Land, Strangers devour it in the SWORD, and shall be led as overthrown by Strangers. away CAPTIVE into all NA- 19. If ye be willing and obediTions, and Jerusalem shall ent, ye thall eat the Good of the be TRODEN DOWN of the
20. But if ye refuse and rebel, ye Gentiles, until the Times shall be devoured with the SWORD: of the Gentiles be fulfilled. for the Mouth of the Lord hath [M.] And except those Days
23. How is the faithful City beshould
should be shortned, and come an Harlot? It was full of [Mr.] the Lord had short- JUDGMENT, Righteousness lodged
in it, but now Murderers. ned those Days, no Flesh Jer. vii. 13. And now because ye should be faved : but for have done all these Works, faith the the Elects fake, whom he Lord, and I spake unto you, rising hath chosen, he hath short- heard not; and I called you, but
up early, and speaking; but ye
ye ned the Days, and [M.] answered not. those Days shall be shortned.
15. I will cast you out of my Sight, as I have cast out all your Brethren, even the whole Seed of
Ephraim. 34. Then will I cause to cease from the Cities of Judah, and from the Streets of Jerufalem, the Voice of Mirth, and the Voice of Gladness, the Voice of the Bridegroom, and the Voice of the Bride: for the Land shall be DESOLATE.
Ezek. v. 11. Wherefore, as I live, faith the Lord God, surely because thou hast defiled my SANCTUARY with all thy detestable Things, and with all thine ABOMINATIONS, therefore will I also diMINISH thee, neither shall mine Eye spare, neither will I have any Pity.
12. A third Part of thee shall die with the PESTILENCE, and with FAMINE shall they be consumed, in the midit of thee; and a third Part shall Fall by the Sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the Winds, and I will draw out a Sword after them.
Dan. viii. 13. Then I heard one Saint speaking, and another Saint said unto that certain Saint which spake, How long shall be the Vision concerning the DAILY SACRIFICE, and the Transgression of DesolaTION, to give both the SANCTUARY and the Host to be troden under Foot?
14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred Days; then shall the SANCTUARY be CLEANSED.
Chap. ix. 26. And after threescore and two Weeks shall Messiah be CUT off, but not for himself : and the People of the Prince that shall come shall destroy the City, and the SanCTUARY, and the End thereof shall be with a Flood, and nnto the End of the War DESOLATIONS are determined.
27. And he shall confirm the Covenant with many for one Week : and in the midit of the Week he shall cause the Sacrifice and the Oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of ABOMINATIONS, he shall make it defolare, even until the CONSUMMATION, and that determined shall be poured upon the DESOLATE.
Hosea lii. 4. The Children of Isrvel shall abide many Days without a KING, and without a PRINCE, and without a Sacrifice, and without an Image, and without an Ephod, and without Teraphim.
i Theff. ii. 14. For ye also have fuifered like Things of your own Countrymen, even as they have of the Jews.
15. Who both killed the Lord Jesues, and their own Prophets, and have persecuted us, and they please not God, and are contrary to all Men.
16. Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles, that they might be saved); to fill up their Sins alway; for the Wrath is come upon them to the uttermoit.