« PoprzedniaDalej »
one, and killed another, and 3. And now, O Inhabitants of stoned another.
Jerusalem, and Mcn of Judah, judge,
I pray you, betwixt me and my 36. Again, he sent other Vineyard. Servants, mo than the first: 4. What could have been done and they did unto them like
more to my Vineyard, that I have
nut done in it? Wherefore when I wise.
looked that it should bring forth 37. But last of all, he fent GRAPES, brought it forth WILD
GRAPES. unto them bis Son, saying,
5. And now go to; I will tell They will reverence my Son. you what I will do to my VINE
38. But when the Huf- YARD; I will take away the Hedge bandmen faw the Son, they and break down the Wall thereof, faid among themselves, This and it shall be troden down. is the Heir, come, let us kill 6. And I will lay it waste : it him, and let us féize on his fall not be pruned, nor digsed,
but there shall come up Briers and Inheritance.
Thorns : I will also command the 39. And they caught him, Clouds, that they rain no Rain upand cast him out of the Vine- on it.
7. For the VINEYARD of the yard, and flew him.
Lord of Hosts is the House of if40. When the Lord there- rael, and the Men of Judab his pleafore of the Vineyard cometh, fant Plant: and he looked for Jungwhat will he do unto thosé MENT, but behold OrPRESSION;
for RIGHTEOUSNESS, but behold Husbandmen?
a CRY. 41. They say unto him, Psalm 1xxx. 8. Thou hast brought He will miserably destroy a Vine out of Egypt: thou hast cait
out the Heathen, and planted it. those wicked Men, and will
9. Thou preparedit room before let out his Vineyard unto o- it, and didit cause it to take decp ther Husbandmen, who shall root, and it filled the Land.
10. The Hills were covered with render him the Fruits in their the Shadow of it, and the Booghs Seafons.
thereof were like the goodly Ce
dars. 42. Jesus faith unto them, Did ye never read in the the Sea, and her Branches unto the
11. She sent out her Boughs unto Scriptures, The Stone which River, the Builders rejected, the same
12. Why hast thou then BROKEN is become the Head of the which pass by the way, do pluck
down her Heves, so that all they Corner : This is the Lord's her ? doing, and it is marvellous in 13. The Boar out of the Wood
doch waste it, and the wild Beast of our Eyes ?
the Field doth devour it. 43. Therefore say I unto
14. Return, we beseech thee, you, The Kingdom of God God of Horts ; look down from shall be taken from you,
Heaven, and behold, and visit this
VINE; given to a Nation bringing is. And the VINEYARD which forth the Fruits thereof. thy right Hand hath PLANTED, and 44. And whosoever shall the Branch that thou madeit strong
for thy self : fall on this Stone, Thall be
16. It is burnt with Fire, it is broken:
broken : but on whomsoever cut down : they perish at the Re:
buke of thy Countenance. it thall Fall, it will GRIND
17. Let thy Hand be upon the him to POWDER.
Man of thy RIGHT HAND, upon 45. And when the Chief the Son of Man whom thou madeit Priests and Pharisees had STRONG for thy self.
18. So will not we go back from heard his PARABLES, they thee : QUICKEN us, and we will perceived that he sPAKE of call upon thy Name. them.
19. TURN us again, O Lord God
of Hofis, causc thy Face to shine, 46. But when they fought and we Thall be saved. to lay Hands on him, they feared the Multitude, because they took him for a PROPHET.
Of the Marriage of the King's Son, and
of the Wedding Garment.
. A by Parables, and said,
ND Fesus answered and spake unto them again
2. The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a certain King which (a) made a Marriage for his Son,
(a) Heb. iv. 1. Let us therefore 3. And sent forth his Ser. FEAR, lest a PROMISE being left
us of entring into his Rest, any vants to call them that were of you should seem to come SHORT bidden to the Wedding: and of it.
2. For unto lis was the GOSPEL they would not come.
preached, as well as unto them ; but 4. Again he fent forth o- the Word preached did not profit ther Servants, saying, Tell them not being Mixed with Faith them which are bidden, Be in them that heard it.
Rev. xix. 7. Let us be glad and hold, I have prepared my rejoice, and give honour to him : Dinner: my Oxen and my for the MARRIAGE of the LAMB Fatlings are killed, and all is come, and his wife hath made
her self ready: Things are ready : come un- 8. And to her was granted, that to the Marriage.
The should be arayed in fine Linen, 5. But they made light of clean and white for the fine Li
nen is the RIGHTEOUSNESS of it, and went their ways, one Saints. to his Farm, another to his 9. And he saith unto me, write, Merchandise :
Blessed are they which are called 6. And the Remnant took the LAMB. And he faith unto me,
unto the MARRIAGE-SUPPER of his These are the true Sayings of God.
his Servants, and entreated Chap. xxii. 17. And the Spirit them fpitefully, and flew and the BRIDE fay, Come. And
let him that heareth, say, Come : them.
And let him that is athirst, come. 7. But when the King And whosoever will, let him take
the WATER of Life freely. heard thereof, he was wroth: and fent forth his Armies, and destroyed those Murderers, and burnt up their City.
8. Then faith he to his Servants, The Wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9. Go ye therefore into the Highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the MARRIAGE.
10. So those Servants went out into the Highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the Wedding was furnished with Guests.
(6) Rev. ii. 17. Because thou 11. And (b) when the King Goods, and have need of nothing;
fayst, I am rich, and increased with came in to see the Guests, he and knowelt not that thou art saw there a Man which had WRETCHED, and MISERABLE, and not on a Wedding-Garment : TOOR, and BLIND, and NAKED :
18. I counsel chee to BUY of mè 12. And he faith unto Gold tried in the Fire, that thou him, Friend, how cameft thou mayst be rich; and WHITE RAIin hither, not having a Wed- MENT, that thou mayst be clothed,
and that the Shame of thy Nakedding Garment ? And he was ness do not appear; and anoint thine speechless.
Eyes with Eye-salve, that thou mayst 13. Then said the King 10
see. the Servants, Bind him Hand but Loss, for the Excellency of the
Phil. iii. 8. I count all Things and Foot, and take him away, Knowledge of Chrifi Jefu my Lord : and cast him into outer Dark- for whom I have suffered the Loss ness: there shall be weeping but Dung, that I may win Chrift,
of all Things, and do count them and gnashing of Teeth. 9. And be found in him, not hav
14. For many are called, ing mine own Righteousness, which but tew are chosen.
is of the Law, but that which is through the Faith of Christ, the Righteousness which is of God by FALTH.
Of the Ten Virgins. Matt. THEN shall the Kingdom of Heaven be liken
ed unto ten VIRGINS, which took their Lamps, and went forth to meet the Bridegroom. 2.. And five of them were WISE, and five were FOOLISH.
3. They that were foolish, took their Lamps, and took no Oil with them : 4
But the Wife took Oil in their Veffels, with their Lamps.
5. While the BRIDEGROOM tarried, they all SLUMBRED and SLEPT.
6. And at Midnight there was a Cry made, Behold, the Bridegroom cometh, go ye out to meet him.
7. Then all those Virgins arose, and trimmed their Lamps.
8. 'And the Foolish faid unto the Wife, Give us of your Oil, for our Lamps are gone out. 9. But the Wise answered, saying, Not fo; left there be
) not enough for us and you : But go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for your selves.
10. And while they went to buy, the Bridegroom came, and they that were ready, went in with him to the Marriage, and the Door was shut.
1. Afterward came also the other Virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13. WATCH (2) therefore, (a) Rev. iij. 2. Be waTCHFUL, for
and know neither the Day which remain, that are ready to
STRENGTHEN the Things aor the Hour wherein the die: for I have not found thy Son of Man cometh.
Works PERFECT before God.
3. Remember therefore how thou
hast received and heard, and HOLD $ $ $ $ Fast, and REPENT. If therefore
thou Ohalt not WATCH, I will come on thee as a Thief, and thou shalt
not know what Hour I will come Of the Talents.
PS. cxxx. 6. My Soul wait. Ver. 14.FOR the King.
OR the King- th for the LoRv, more than they dom of Heaven fay, more than they that waTCH
that watch for the Morning: I is as a Man travelling into a for the Morning. far Country, who called his Mark xiii. 33. Take ye heed,
WATCH and pray: for ye know not own Servants, and delivered
when the Time is. unto them his Goods :
34. For the Son of Man is as a 15. And unto one he gave Man taking a far Journey, who lefc five Talents, to another two, his Servants, and to every Man his
his House, and gave Authority to and to another one, to every Work, and commanded the Porter Man according to his several to WATCH. Ability, and straightway took know not when the Master of
35. Watch ye therefore, (for ye
MASTER his Journey
the House cometh ; at Even, or ac 16. Then
16. Then he that had re- Midnight, or at the Cock crowing, ceived the five Talents, went
or in the Morning)
36. Lelt coming SUDDENLY, he and traded with the same, find you SLEEPING. and made them other five 37. And what I say unto you, I Talents.
say unto all, WATCH.
1 Cor. xvi. 13. Watch ye, stand 17. And likewise he that fast in the Faith, quit you like had received two, he alfo Men, be STRONG.
Col. iv. 2. Continue in Prager, gained other two. 18. But he that had re- Thanksgiving.
and watch in thc fame with ceived one, went and digged i Thefj. v. 6. Therefore let us not in the Earth, and hid his sleep, as do others; but let us watch,
and be soBER. Lord's Money,
1 Pet. iv. 7. But the End of all 19. After a long time, the Things is at hand : be ye therefore Lord of those Servants com- sober, and watch unto Prayer. eth, and reckoneth with them.
Chap. v. 8. Be sober, be VIGILANT; because
your Adversary the 20. And so he that had DEVIL, as a roaring Lion, walkech received five Talents, came about seeking whon he may devour. and brought other five Ta- Thief ; bleffed is he that watch
Rev. xvi. is. Behold, I come as a lents, saying, Lord, thou de- Eth, and keepeth bis Garments, liveredft unto me five Ta- leit he walk naked, and they see
. lents : behold, I have gained his Shame. besides them five Talents mo.
(6) Rev. ii. 10. Be thou raith2 1. His Lord said unto
FUL unto Death, and I will give him,(b) Well done, thou good thee a Crown of Life. and faithful Servant; thou haft been FAITHFUL over a See the References against the few Things, * I will make Parable of the Ten Pieces. Page 170. thee Ruler over many Things: enter thou into the Joy of thy Lord.
22. He also that had received two Talents, came and faid, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two Talents: behold, I have gained two other Talents besides them.
23. His Lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful Servant; thou hast been FAITHFUL over a few Things, I will make thee Ruler over many Things : enter thou in to the Joy of thy Lord.
24. Then he which had received the one Talent, came and faid, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard Man, reaping where thou hast not fown, and gathering where thou baft not ftrawed :
25. And I was afraid, and went and hid thy Talent in the Earth : lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26. His Lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and nothful Servant, thou knewest that I reap where I