« PoprzedniaDalej »
1596, The Moone xxix.]
This and the following are out of their places: 1596 puts them three days higher.]
1. Aaron as vpon this day, being 123 yeeres olde, dyed vpon the mountaine Hor, 40 yeeres after the children of Israel's coming out of Egypt. Nomb. 20. 25, 28. and 33. 38, 39.
7. Nebuzar-adan, as on this day, setteth ye citie and Temple of Jerusalem on fire. 2 King 25. 8, 9.
8. Henrie the 4. Emperour, as on this day dyed with sorowe, constrained thereunto by the Pope's iniuries.
10. Titus soldiours, as on this day, set the Citie and Temple of Jerusalem on fire, sithens which time neither of them haue euer bin reedified. Joseph. lib. 6. Chap. 26.
As on this day also, Ezra the Scribe entreth into Jerusalem with a great multitude of the Jewes, and is honorably receaved of those that about 50 yeeres before, came thither with Zerubbabel before the incarnation of Christ, 596 yeeres. Ezra. 7. 9.
26. Darius being slaine Alexander, as vpon this day, obtaineth the Empire of Asia, and the same day, ye monarchie was translated from the Persians vnto the Greekes. 1. Macca. 1.1.
27. Religion, as on this day, was reformed, according to God's expresse truth, in the most renoumed citie of Geneva. 1535.
29. The citie Buda in Hungarie, as on this day, yeelded vnto ye Turke in the yeere of our Lord God, 1526.
2. Augustus Cæsar this day, ouerthrew Antonius and Cleopatra, in a battel by sea at Actium, 28 yeeres before Christ was borne. Dion.
7. Our Soueraigne Lady QUEENE ELIZABETH, was borne as vpon this day, at Greenewich. Anno. 1532 .
8. Jerusalem was as upon this day, sacked with fire and sworde, and vtterly rased, 73. yeeres after the birth of Christ: who prophesied the same 40. yeeres before. Matth. 24. 2, 34. Joseph. lib. 7. chap. 26.
13. Titus the Emperour, sonne to Vespasian, as vpon this day died, after Christes birth 83. yeeres.
14. Chrysostome being chased out of his Church of Constantinople, as vpon this day, died.
18. Domitian the Emperour as vpon this day, was slaine, by ye treason of his wife and seruaunts.
20. The noble Oratour L. Crassus, as vpon this day, died of a pleurisie. Cicero. lib. 3. de Orat.
23. Octauius Cesar, as vpon this day, was borne 60. yeeres before the Natiuitie of Christ. Gel. lib. 15. chap. 7.
24. Angelus Politian, as vpon this day, died, Anno. 1509.
25. As vpon this day, Nehemiah finished the walles of Jerusalem, 444. yeeres before Christ. Nehe. 6. 15.
30. As vpon this day, Pompeius surnamed the great, was borne, before Christ, 103. yeeres.
1. The feast of Trumpets was kept this day. Leuit. 23. 24.
Also Pompeius and his armie, as vpon this day, was discomfited by Cesar. 4. The Jewes fast and mourne, as on this day, for the death of Gedaliah. Jere. 41. 1, 2.
10. As on this day the fast of reconciliation, the onely fast commaunded by God, was kept. Leuit. 23. 27.
11. As on this day was the first conflict of the Tigurines with ye fiue Townes of Heluetia, wherein Zwinglius was slaine. Anno. 1532.
15. As on this day, the Jewish feast of Tabernacles was kept, lasting 7. dayes. Leuit. 23. 34.
17. As on this day, Noah's Arke, after 160. daies, rested on the mountaines Ararat, in Armenia. Gene. 8. 4.
21. As on this day, the Jewish great feaste of palmes was kept.
22. This day, ye feast of holy conuocation was kept.
23. As on this day, the Jewes which returned from the captiuitie of Babylon, made a newe couenant with God. Nehe. 9. 1.
Also Titus, sonne to Vaspasian, after the destruction of Jerusalem, slaieth 3000. Jewes on the birth day of his brother Domitian. An. 73.
31. This day, in the yeere of our Lord God 1517. & CI. yeeres after ye death of John Hus, Martin Luther gaue his propositions in ye Uniuersitie of Witemberg, against ye Pope's pardons.
Kalend. All Saints
C November hath xxx. days1.
1 Lesson. 2 Lesson. 1 Lesson. 2 Lesson.
4 mi. 26.
Sol in Sagittario
5 e Prid. Kl. Andrew Apo...
Init. reg. Elizabet.2 18
21 Baruc. 2
30 Prov. 20
[11596, The Moone xxix.]
This event ought to have been assigned to the seventeenth day, as in 1578 and
A misprint for, 39.]
[Note, that the beginning of the xxvi. chapter of Ecclesi. (unto) But when one is, &c. must be read with the xxv. chapter.]
[5 1596, Reu.]
10. This day happened the woful slaughter of Varna, where Ladislaus king of Hungarie was slaine by the Turke Anno. 1444. Also as vpon this day Martin Luther was borne. Anno. 1483.
15. Jeroboam, after that he had turned the people from ye obedience of Rehoboam their king vnto him self, deuised and ordained this day to be kept holy of the people, and because they should not goe vnto Jerusalem to worship, he caused two golden calues to be set vp, the one at Dan, and the other at Bethel, and so he & the people committed Idolatrie. 1 Kings. 12. 32, 33.
16. As vpon this daye Tiberius Cesar was borne, before the birth of Christ 39 yeeres.
17. As vpon this day, began most prosperously our most Soueraigne Ladye QUEENE ELIZABETH, to reigne ouer vs, anno. 1558. whom we beseech God long to continue in that gouernment.
18. Titus as vpon this day, vsed no lesse crueltie against the Jewes his prisoners, in the citie of Beryte in Syria, keeping the birth day of his father Vespasian, then he did on the birth day of his brother Domitian. Joseph. Lib. 7. Chap. 20.
9. In the yeere of our Lord God, 1437. Sigismund King of Hungarie, and Emperour of Rome, as on this day dyed.
15. Antiochus Epiphanes, as on this day, placed the Idole of Jupiter vpon ye Altar of God in Jerusalem. 1. Macca. 1. 57.
16. Ezra as on this day, commaundeth ye Israelites to leaue their strange wiues. Ezra. 10. 11. and Í. Esdr. 9. 8, 9.
25. Christ borne as on this day, of the Virgin Marie, in the yeere from the worldes creation 4018.
Antiochus Epiphanes entred also as vpon this day into Jerusalem, with a great armie, and spoyled it. Joseph. lib. 12. chap. 6.
Also he caused sacrifice on this day to be made vpon the Altar, which was in the steade of the Altar of sacrifices, looke 1. Macca. 1. 62.
26. Steuen was stoned to death by the Jewes, for professing Christ, in the yeere after Christ his ascension. Acts. 7. 58, 59.
27. As vpon this day Saynt John the Euangelist, being of the age of Ixxxix. yeeres, died at Ephesus, in the reigne of Traiane the Emperour, xxx. yeeres after the destruction of Jerusalem.
28. This day Herod slewe the Innocents, two yeeres after the birth of Christ, among whom he had thought to haue murthered Christ. Mat. 2. 16, 17, 18.