Informacje o książce
Książki w Google Play
FOLSOM, WELLS,AND THURSTON,
PRINTERS TO THE UNIV KHSITV.
I. Prison Discipline 1
1. Annual Reports of the Board of Managers of
the Prison Discipline'Society.
2. Annual Reports of the Inspectors of the East-
ern Penitentiary of Pennsylvania. Nos. 1 — 9.
3. Report on Punishments and Prison Discipline,
by the Commissioners appointed to revise the Penal
Code of Pennsylvania.
4. A Defence of the System of Solitary Confine-
ment of Prisoners, adopted by the State of Pennsyl-
vania; with Remarks on the Origin, Progress, and
Extension of this Species of Prison Discipline. By
George W. Smith.
5. A Popular Essay on Subjects of Penal Law,
and on Uninterrupted Solitary Confinement at La-
bor, as contradistinguished to Solitary Confinement
at Night and Joint Labor by Day, in a Letter to
John Bacon, Esquire, President of the Society for
Alleviating the Miseries of Public Prisons. By
II. Kant And His Philosophy 44
Critick of Pure Reason; translated from the Ori-
ginal of Immancel Kant.
HI. English Discoveries In The Ohio Valley . . 69
1. Travels through the Interior Parts of North
America, in the Years 1766, 1767, and 1768. By
2. Carver's Travels in Wisconsin.
IV. Engraving 118
Manuel du Graveur, ou Traite Complet de 1'Art
de la Gravure en tous Genres, d'apres les Ren-
seignemens fournis par plusieurs Artistes, et redige
par A. M. Perrot, Membre de 1'Athenee des Arts,
de la Societe Philotechnique, de celle de Geogra-
phic, de la Societe d'Agronomie Pratique, etc.
V. Holbrook's North American Herpetology . . 145
North American Herpetology; or a Description
of the Reptiles inhabiting the United States. By
John Edwards Holbrook, M. D., Professor of
Anatomy in the Medical College of the Slate of
South Carolina, Member of the Royal Medical So-
ciety of Edinburgh, &c. 8tc.
VI. Davis's Memoirs And Journal Of Burr . . . 156
1. Memoirs of Aaron Burr, with Miscellaneous
Selections from his Correspondence. By Matthew
2. The Private Journal of Aaron Burr, during
his Residence of Four Years in Europe, with Se-
lections from his Correspondence. Edited by Mat-
Thew L. Davis.
VII. Self-cultivation Of The Christian Minister . 206
The Life and Character of the Reverend Sam-
Uel H. Stearns.
VIII. Bird's Adventures Of Robin Dat 220
The Adventures of Robin Day, by the Author of
"Calavar," " Nick of the Woods," &c.
LX. Critical Notices.
1. Colman's Agricultural Address .... 238
2. Chandler's L<aw Reporter 243
3. Abbott's Teacher 244
4. The Moral Teacher 247
5. Sawyer's Mental Philosophy 249
6. Leonard's Practical Treatise on Arithmetic 251
7. Ellet's Characters of Schiller 257
8. Travels of Father Hennepin 258
9. Letters on Education in Kentucky . . . 262
10. Willis's A l'Abri 264
Note To Article I. Of The Present Number . . 264
Note To Article I. Of No. C 266
Quarterly List Of New Publications 267
I. Border Wars Of The Revolution 277
Life of Joseph Brant [Thayendanegea]; in-
cluding the Border Wars of the American Revolu-
lution, and Sketches of the Indian Campaigns of
Generals Harmar, St. Clair, and Wayne, &c. &c.
By William L. Stone.
II. Chateaubriand's Sketches Of English Litera-
Sketches of English Literature; with Consider-
ations on the Spirit of the Times, Men, and Revo-
lutions. By the Viscount de Chateaubriand.
III. Milnes's Poems 348
The Poems of Richard Monckton Milnes, Au-
thor of" Memorials of a Tour in Greece."
IV. Schoolcraft's Indian Tales And Legends . . 354
Algic Researches, comprising Inquiries respect-
ing the Mental Characteristics of the North Amer-
ican Indians. First Series. Indian Tales and
Legends. In Two Volumes. By Henry Rowe
Schoolcraft, Author of a Narrative Journal of
Travels to the Sources of the Mississippi; Travels
in the Central Portions of the Mississippi Valley;
An Expedition to Itasca Lake, &c.
V. British American Politics 373
1. Report on the Affairs of British North Amer-
ica, from the Earl Of Durham, Her Majesty's High
Commissioner, &c. &c. &c
2. Appendix to the Same. (A. B. C. D. and E.)
3. Copies, or Extracts, of Correspondence, rela-
tive to the Affairs of British North America.
4. A Narrative. By Sir Francis B. Head, Bart.
5. The Bubbles of Canada. By the Author of
"Sam Slick, the Clockmaker," &c. &c