« PoprzedniaDalej »
MR. R. M. GWYNN.
1. What do you gather from the Books of Samuel as to the popular ideas of the marks and the function of a prophet? Mention all the prophets whose names are given in these books.
2. Give examples of the personal charm which David exercised all his life upon people of varying types. To what do you attribute it? 3. Write a life of Saul, bringing out clearly both his virtues and his failings, and showing why the latter were fatal. Distinguish the
different wars in which he fought as far as possible.
4. Draw a map illustrating the united kingdom at its widest extent. 5. Narrate fully the events that followed and arose out of the death of David.
The Acts of the Apostles.
1. The name Christian' is only twice mentioned in the Acts? By what other designations are Christians referred to?
2. Give accounts of the two instances of Confirmation recorded in the Acts.
3. Where is Saul's Roman name first mentioned? On what occasions did he assert his Roman citizenship?
4. Give the meanings of the following terms :-'Greeks,' 'Grecians,' 'Quaternions,' 'Libertines.'
5. What was the charge brought against St. Stephen? Quote his last words.
6. What does the Acts tell us about James the brother of John? Another James is three times mentioned in the Acts?
7. On what two occasions did St. Paul visit Troas, and what incidents occurred while he was there?
8. What are we told about Barnabas on his first introduction into the narrative of the Acts?
9. Two predictions are ascribed to Agabus ?
10. State what you know of Matthias, John Mark, Theudas, Apollos, and Tertullus.
[Figures marked thus (7*) refer to the first portion of the CALENDAR.]
Aberdeen, University of