« PoprzedniaDalej »
Eli, lama sabacthani! that is to say: My God, my God! why hast Thou forsaken Me?
What were those awful signs which occurred when Jesus yielded up the Ghost ?
51. The veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom, and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent.
When Joseph of Arimathea had begged the body of Jesus, where did he lay it?
59. He wrapped it in a clean linen cloth;
60. And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in tbe rock; and be rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre.
What precautions did the Pharisees take when they remembered the saying of Jesus : After three days I will rise again?
66. They went and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.
What were the circumstances which altended the resurrection of Jesus ?
1. In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn towards the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2. And bebold, there was a great earthquake : for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven; and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow.
4. And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5. And the angel answered and said unto the women : Fear not, for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified.
6. He is not here, for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place wliere the Lord lay.
Was it not lo Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, that Jesus first showed Himself after his resurrection?
9. As they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All bail ! and they came and held Him by the feet, and worshiped Him.
10. Then said Jesus unto them: Be not afraid ; go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see Me.
In what manner did Jesus instruct his eleven disciples when He manifested Himself to them in Galilee, after He was risen?
18. Jesus came and spake unto them, saying : All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost ;
20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsover I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.
GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ST. MARK.
JOIN THE BAPTIST's office.-CARIST BEGINNETH TO PREACH.
CHRIST CASTETH OUT A DEVIL-CURETH DISEASES.
What is the prophecy which Mark, in the opening of his Gospel, introduces concerning John the Baptist ?
2. It is written in the prophets : Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before Thee.
3. The voice of one crying in the wilderness : Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
In what manner did John the Baptist fulfil his mission?
4. John did baptize in the wilderness; and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
What was the testimony of John the Baptist concerning the baptism of Christ?
7. He preached, saying: There cometh one
mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8. I indeed have baptized you with water, but He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
When Jesús came from Nazareth to be bapa tized by John, by what demonstration was it shown that He was the Messiah.?
10. And straightway coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon Him.
11. And there came a voice from heaven, aying : Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
When Jesus began to preach, what was his doctrine?
15. The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand: Repent ye, and believe the gospel.
In what manner did the man possessed with an unclean spirit cry out, on seeing Jesus in the synagogue ?
23. There was in their synagogue, a man, with an unclean spirit, and he cried out,
24. Saying : Let us alone, what have we to do with Thee, Thou Jesus of Nazareth ? Art thou come to destroy us? I know Thee who Thou art, the Holy One of God.
How did Jesus display his power over the unclean spirit?
25. And Jesus rebuked him, saying : Hold thy peace, and come out of him.