« PoprzedniaDalej »
TO THE ANGEL OP TOE CHURCR AT SARDI9AT PHILADELPHIA-
What was revealed to John concerning the Church at Sardis?
1. Unto the angel of the church in Sardis write. These things saith be that hath the seven spirits of God and the seven stars : I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art.dead.
2. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die ; for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3. Remember therefore how thou hast received and hcard, and hold fast, and repent. If there-. fore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon
thee. 4. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis, which have not defiled their garments : and they shall walk with me in white; for they are worthy.
5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life ; but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
What was revealed concerning the church in Philadelphia
7. To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These things saith He that is holy, He is true, He that hatb the key of David ; He that openeth, andno man sbutteth ; and shutteth, and no man openeth ;
8. I know thy works, behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it; for thou hast a little strength, and, bast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews and are not, but do lie, behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I bave loved thee.
10. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep theç from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thon bast, that no man take thy crown.
12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go uo more out; and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, wbich is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
What was revealed concerning the church in Laodicea ?
14. Unto the angel of the cburch of the Laodiceans write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God :
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So tben, because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue tbee out of my mouth.
In what manner did the merciful Saviour express his regard for this lukewarm church, and encourage it to repentance and faith?
17. Because thou sayest: I am rich, and in. creased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked :
18. I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white rayment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore, and repent.
20. Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with Me.
THE VISION OF THE THRONE OF GOD.THE POUR-AND-TWENTY
How does John describe the vision which he sawo concerning the throne of God in heaven?
2. I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3. And-He that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone : and there was a rain. bow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats : and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clotbed in white 'raiment, and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
What was the tenour of that unceasing anthem which John heard in heaven?
8. They rest not day and night, saying : Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty! which was, and is, and is to come!
How does John describe the manner in which he saw the four and twenty elders engaged in reverence and adoration before the Supreme Being?
10. The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship Him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
11. Thou art worthy, O Lord! to receive glory, and honour, and power: for Thou last created all things, and for thy pleasure they are, and were created.
TEE BOOK WITH SEVEN SEALS.THE SONG OP TOR BED LENED.
Recite the vision of the book with seven seals!
1.' And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne, a book written within and on the back side, sealed with seven seals.
2. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice : Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the scals thereof?
3. And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon,
5. And one of the elders saith unto me: Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of Dayid, hatli prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.