« PoprzedniaDalej »
29. Jesus saith unto him : Thomas, because thou hast seen Me thou hast believed : Blessed are they that bave not seen, and yet have believed.
At the conclusion of this chapter, what does the Evangelist point out as the great end for which the Scriptures are wrillen?
31. These are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through bis
CHRIST'S TAIRD APPEARANCE TO U18 DISCIPLES.
When Jesus appeared the third time to his disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, what was the language with which He accosted themand their reply?
5, Jesus saith unto them: Children, have ye any meat ? they answered Him, No!
What was the miracle He here wrought to supply their want, and to make Himself known to them? ; 6. He said unto them: Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to 'draw it for the multitude of fishes.
When Jesus said to Simon Peter : Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these : what was Peter's reply?
15. He saith unto Him: Yea, Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee.
What was our Lord's injunction to him? ib. Feed my lambs.
Did Jesus require any farther evidence of Peter's love?
16. He saith to him again the second time : Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me? He saith unto Him : Yea, Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee.
When our Lord repeated his injunction, was it not with some variation, and a more extended import?
ib. He saith unto him: Feed my sheep.
On being interrogated a third time in like manner, how was Peter affected?
17. Peter was grieved because He said unto hini the third time, Lovest thou Me? And he said unto Him : Lord, Thou knowest all things, Thon knowest that I love Thee.
When Peter had thus fully asserted his love, and in a way that attested his sense of the Divinity of the Saviour, was he not again reminded of his duty as an apostle ?
ib. [Again] Jesus saith unto him: Feed my sheep.
ACTS OF THE APOSTLES.
CHRIST'S LAST INTERVIEW WITH HIS DISCIPLES, AND ASCENSION.
For what purpose did Christ enjoin his disciples to wait at Jerusalem, previous to entering on their public ministry ?
4. Being assembled together with them, [He] commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father; which, saith He, ye bave heard of Me.
5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hencc.
How were the authority and extent of their mission explained to them?
8. Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you : and ye shall be witnesses unto Me, both in Jerusalem and in all Judca, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. After Jesus was taken up into heaven, and a
cloud received Him out of their sight ; what was the promise they received when warned to depart 2
10. While they looked steadfastly towards heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
11. Which also said : Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven ? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven.
In what manner did the disciples select one of their number to fill up the place of the apostale Judas?
23. They appointed two: Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus ; and Matthias.
24. And they prayed, and said : Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, show whether of these two Thou hast chosen ;
25. That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from wbich Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26. And they gave forth their lots : and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
TRB APOSTLES FILLED WITH TUB HOLY SPIRIT,
After what manner did the disciples partake of the influence of the Holy Ghost on the day of pentecost?
1. And when the day of pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire; and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
How did the multitude express their astonishment, on hearing the Gospel each in his own tongue ?
7. They were all amazed, and marvelled, saying one to another: Behold! are not all these which speak Galileans ?
8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born ?
9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and