« PoprzedniaDalej »
SERMON IL Page 29. About the Nature, and Obligation, , and Efficacy of Prayer.
Phil. iv. 6. Be careful for nothing; but in every Thing by Prayer and Supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your Requests be made known unto God.
SERMON III. Page 51. About the Conditions and Requisites
of Prayer. O Mat. vii. 7. Ak, and it fall be given you ; Seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
SERMON IV. Page 77. ' About the Conditions and Requisites :: of Prayer. . . : ... The Second Part.--
Matt. vii. 7. Ask, and it mall be given you ; Seek, and ye shall find ; Knock; and it shall be opened unto you.
SERMON V. Page 101, · Concerning Extemporary Prayer.
i Cor. xiv. 15. What is it then ? I will pray with the Spirit, I will pray with the Understanding also.
1 Tim. ii. 1, 2. I'exhort therefore
SERMON VIII. Page 179.
An Account of what is meant by
loving God with all our Heart, and
Soul, and Mind.
35. Then one of them, which was a Lawyer, asked him a Question, tempting him, and saying,
36. Master, which is the great Commandment in the Law ?
37. Jefus said unto him, Thou shalt Love the Lord thy God with aúl thy Heart, and with all thy Soul, and with all thy Mind ; :
38. This is the first and great Como mandment :
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy Neighbour as thya self..
40. On these two. Commandments . · bong all the Law and the Prophets.
Thou malt love thy Neighbour as thy-