« PoprzedniaDalej »
- - - - - - - || These were urgently required in order to properly complete the fire equipment of the Building.
- - - - - - - When the house was o for the occupation of Sir George White, it was found to be necessary to remodel the heating arrangements, which had become inefficient.
Expenditure to 31 - - §. 1906 - - 100 - 10 | Remanet. There was some delay in the execution of this
- £ s. d. Expenditure to 31 March 1906 - 322 9 10 | Remanet.
- - - - - - Consequent upon the establishment of a General Registry in the Foreign Qffice, expenditure was incurred on structural alterations, fittings, &c., to provide the necessary accommodation.
- - - - - - - Complaint was made that the heating arrangements were inadequate, and measures were therefore adopted for their improvement.
- - - - - - It was found that the heat caused by the proximity of the boiler house to the main building was likely to cause serious damage to the valuable artistic contents of the structure, and steps were therefore taken to remove the boiler house to another position, and at the same time to provide a new boiler to meet increased requirements.
- - - - - - The means of ventilation were inadequate, and formed the subject of complaint: steps were accordingly taken with a view to improving matters.
- £ s. d. Expenditure to 31 arch 1906 - 1,013 3 9 || Remanet. 4
VOTE 9.—PUBLIC BUILDINGS, GREAT BRITAIN–continued.
STATEMENT OF EXPENDITURE
* Balance. Section. DEscription. Wote. Expenditure Unexpended. Excess. Unforeseen Works.-contal. £ s. d. £. s. d £. s d £ s. d. £. s. d. | Brought forward - - || 6,976 9 3 Imperial Institute : S | | Enclosing Footway, &c., 1. 3 11 North Gallery. Staircase in Great Hall, &c. - 56 10 1 Liverpool Board of Trade : Electric Light Fittings - - 115 6 3 Middlesbrough Mercantile - Marine Office: Accommodation in Custom 185 17 6 House National Gallery: Fitting up FireAlarm System 287 5 11 .ow. For Total, see page 110. National Portrait Gallery : | Installation of Electric Fans 167 19 10 Fitting up Electric Bells to 93 5 2 ring from galleries to front entrance, Patent Office : Additional Shelving in Library | 732 6 2 ! Public Record Office : | Converting No. 13 B Room 157 4 2 into Lavatory with Urinals and Wash Basins. Fitting up Room 13 A with 276 12 2 Iron Presses. Additional Heating in C 8 6 11 Corridor, &c. — \ Carried forward - - || 9,058 7 4
Construction of Electric 127 3 5
Enclosing Balcony between 2 7 3 || For Vote,
For Total, see page 110.
Royal Mint: |
Hot-water System for cor- 3 15 —
9.—PUBLIC BUILDINGs, GREAT BRITAIN–continued.
FOR NEW WORKS, &c., 1905–1906–continued.
Expenditure to 31
- - || The hand-gear formerly in use had become defective and dangerous: it has therefore been replaced by electric gear, which is much more economical in working.
£ s. d.
621 16 5 | Remanet.
Expenditure to 31 p. s. d. arch 1906 - - 19814 3 | Remanet. £. s. d. Expenditure to 31 - - - - March 1906 - - 927 5 3 || Remanet. Details of certain shelving required were not obtain
able till towards the close of 1904-5, and the work could not consequently be wholly completed in that year.
- - Provided for in amount voted.
- - Provided for in amount voted.
- - Revised arrangements for the cooking of the dinners of the Minor Staff rendered these works necessary. Considerable ultimate economy is expected to result from the adoption of these measures.